- a lot of the lyrics are about women being terrible and/or ‘sluts’"do you look yourself straight in the eyes and think about who you let between your thighs" - mt diablo, the story so far (which by the way, i’ve seen tssf live a few times and that is always the loudest line screamed by the crowd without fail)
- although girls make up a large part of the scene (as fans) we are not accepted into it by the male fanbase at all unless it’s fall out boy or all time low or one of the more popular radio friendly bands
- dude fans actually get pissed when more and more girls show up to a pop punk show
- some BANDS even get pissed about that
- lots of times its assumed girls are only fans because a band member is attractive, not because we like the music
- people actually measure how good a band is based on boy to girl fan ratio. so like if there’s 90% boys in the crowd the band is still ‘good’ but if it’s 90% girls, they ‘sold out’
"For the record, feminism by definition is: ‘The belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. It is the theory of the political, economic and social equality of the sexes.’
I started questioning gender-based assumptions when at eight I was confused at being called “bossy,” because I wanted to direct the plays we would put on for our parents—but the boys were not.
When at 14 I started being sexualized by certain elements of the press.
When at 15 my girlfriends started dropping out of their sports teams because they didn’t want to appear “muscly.”
When at 18 my male friends were unable to express their feelings.
I decided I was a feminist and this seemed uncomplicated to me. But my recent research has shown me that feminism has become an unpopular word. Apparently I am among the ranks of women whose expressions are seen as too strong, too aggressive, isolating, anti-men and, unattractive.
Why is the word such an uncomfortable one?”
8.28.14 – Minnesota State Fair
the desolation of smaug: a summary
Tony Vincent and Billie Joe Armstrong as The Saint Jimmy on American Idiot Musical.
"…and don’t wear it out!"
it always fucks me up to see this